Wednesday 17 June 2009

Food for thought

Just got back from a quick bite to eat with the kids in town. And I have to say, I really enjoyed our little independent restaurant - Tuscany, located right next to the Mansion House (the home of the Lord Mayor of York). www.york360.co.uk/restaurants/tuscany.htm

I can't say the food was outstanding - it was fine - good Italian food. I would recommend the pizza, the dough was tasty. And I really like the contemporary rustic decor. Does that work together?! - yes.

But what I liked best was when I went to the loo, it was IMMACULATE!

Now, in my youth, I worked with a very special lady who was an editor at Harper's Bazaar. And whenever we went out on a business lunch, she would send me to the powder room shortly after sitting down and ask me to report back. I always assumed it was because she wanted a quiet word with whomever we were dining with. This was possible, but she was equally interested in what the powder rooms looked like. Between the two of us, we discovered there was a direct correlation between clean and well looked after loos and good food!!

Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment