Sunday 15 March 2009

Heartbeat, why do you miss when I want to watch you?!


I can't believe that the much loved TV programme, "Heartbeat" is finishing production! I'm actually quite cross about it as it is one of the last programmes that the entire family (from children to granny's) can sit and watch together!


I know that there are bigger problems in the world to solve, but little changes like this do have a long-term effect on society. If we don't make good quality drama that the whole family can watch, it is just one more nail in the coffin. It makes me want to start a petition to keep "Heartbeat" (and "The Royal"!) going! I don't want to watch anymore reality TV - I have enough reality in my own life - thank-you very much! Let me know if I should start a petition!!!

By the way, if you have not been to Goathland up in the North Yorkshire Moors , where "Heartbeat" is filmed, it is worth a visit in August/September time when the heather is in full bloom - FANTASTIC! I like it in winter too - so desolate, the landscape so harsh - after a brisk hike, a hot drink in front of a cozy fire is just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment